I was recently debugging an issue I could only replicate in the browser on my phone. Well, at first… Turned out it had nothing to do with being on a mobile. But it did prompt me to learn how to open web inspector for Safari iOS.
First on iPhone 📱
- Settings > Safari > Advanced
- Toggle on the Web Inspector 👍
- Connect phone to laptop with a cable
…and then on laptop 💻
- Safari > Preferences > Advanced
- ✅ Show Develop menu in menu bar
- Develop > [phone-name] > [list of open pages]
“No inspectable applications?” Make sure to unlock phone and that Safari is in focus.